- When attempting to activate my Unity License I receive a ‘’Machine Identification Is Invalid For Current License’’ error.
Normally a ‘’Machine Identification Is Invalid For Current License’’ error means you need to clear your existing Licensing files. These can cause the Editor to hang upon reactivation.
To clear your existing license file, please follow the below steps (The files may be hidden).
1. Uninstall Unity
2. Delete this file:
* WinXP/Vista: C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Pace Anti-Piracy/License Files
* Win7: C:/ProgramData/PACE Anti-Piracy/License Files
* Mac: HD/Library/Application Support/PACE Anti-Piracy/License Files
* Windows: C:ProgramData/Unity
* Mac: Library/Application Support/Unity
4. Download Unity again from our website, since your original installation might be corrupt.
5. Reinstall and test