- I would like to activate my Unity Reflect License
- I would like to install the Unity Industrial Hub on my machine
- I would like to install the Unity Reflect plugin into my architectural software
If you have previously installed the Unity Reflect beta, please perform the following steps carefully. If you have not installed Unity Reflect before, scroll down to Step 1 - Activating your license key.
Uninstalling Reflect Beta:
If you have previously used Reflect during its beta period, you will need to uninstall it. This will allow you to use the release version of Reflect without encountering errors.
- Open your ‘Control Panel’ and click on to ‘Programs and Features’
- Find ‘Reflect Service’ in the list of installed software and uninstall it (there may be more than one instance of this in the list, be sure to uninstall them all).
- Find and uninstall the Unity Hub in the Programs and Features list
- Run the ‘ReflectCleanUp.bat script which can be found here to remove any remaining Reflect files and folders from your computer.
Once you have uninstalled the Unity Reflect Beta from your system, you can proceed with the below steps:
Step 1 - Activating your license key:
- Go to id.unity.com
- Log into your Unity ID account, or create one if you haven’t done so already
- Click My Account, and then Redeem a Product Code in the dropdown. Enter your trial license and click Redeem a product code to activate your trial.
- On the Redeem a Product Code Confirmation page, choose the Organization to add your Unity Reflect subscription. You will need to have ‘Owner’ level access for the Organization to do this. For more information on creating an Organization and adding members, please read the article ‘How do I create a new Organization?’
- Read and accept Unity’s Terms & Conditions and click the ‘confirm’ button. Please note that once the trial license is redeemed, it is not transferable. Each redemption code will authorize 5 licenses.
- You will see a screen confirming that your license has been successfully activated.
Step 2 - Assigning Reflect subscription seats:
- On the left-hand menu, click Organizations and select the Organization to which your Reflect subscription is attached.
- Click the small cog next to your Unity Reflect Subscription, under the Subscriptions window, on your organization dashboard.
- You’ll see a list of the members which are currently in the Organization (it could be just you). Select all of the members which you want to assign a Reflect seat to and then click Assign Seat(s).
- You, and your team, will now have access to the Unity Reflect subscription.
For more information on managing Unity Organizations, please see the documentation page ‘Unity Organizations’.
Step 3 - Installing the Software
Unity Reflect requires a special version of the Unity Hub. Please note that you will not be able to proceed with the installation using the standard version of the Unity Hub.
A link to download the Unity Industrial Hub will have been sent to you with your Reflect license key.
- Download and install the Unity Industrial Hub.
- Open the Industrial Hub and click the small icon in the top right of the window and click ‘Sign In’.
- Enter your Unity ID, ensuring that it is the Unity ID which has been assigned a seat for your Reflect subscription.
- You will be prompted to activate a Unity Editor license. If you have a Unity Pro license you can input your serial key here. If not, click the back arrow in the top left of the window to skip this step as it is not required to use Unity Reflect.
- On the left-hand menu, click Installs then click the REFLECT APPLICATIONS tab.
- The Industrial Hub can automatically find your Reflect compatible software, to do this click FIND MY REFLECT APPS.
- When Unity Hub has finished locating your compatible software, click the three dots to the right of the software logo and click Install Plugin.
- Once this process is finished, Reflect will be installed on your selected software and you can begin using it straight away.