- I would like to activate my license via the Unity Hub, however, I am receiving errors
- I am seeing the error message ‘Your serial is Invalid’ when attempting to use Unity
- I would like to access the Unity Editor, but I am receiving errors in the Hub
You may encounter errors when attempting to activate your license in the Unity Hub. Often, this occurs when there is something blocking the activation, for example, updating your operating system or changing your hardware can trick the license file and max out your activations.
Each Unity Pro or Plus license has a set amount of activations. If you wish to activate on a machine and have already used your allowed activations, you will receive an error message.
You can however, return the activations to free up the license.
There are different solutions, depending on your situation.
I have access to the machine:
If you have access to the machine that the activation is on, users activated in versions higher than Unity 4.5 can return their licences within the Editor:
- Open Unity
- Click “Unity” (or Windows user click “Help”)
- Click "Manage Licence"
- Click "Return Licence"
I do not have access to the machine:
If you no longer have access to the machine that your license was activated on, you can also return activations made in Unity Editor versions 4.5 and higher via your account page. To do this, go here for licenses purchased before 28th June 2016, otherwise follow these steps:
- Sign in here.
- Click on "My Seats" to the left of the screen.
- Under the "Activation" window, you will see how many activations you have used and which machines they are currently assigned to.
- Select the checkbox next to any activations you would like to remove, then click 'Remove selected activations'. Alternatively, if you would like to remove all your activations, click 'Remove all my activations'.
- The license is now free to be used again.
If the issue persists, please contact Support.