- I have an Organization on my Unity account that I do not wish to use.
- There are a number of different Organizations on my Unity account. I wish to delete the duplicate Organizations.
- I tried to delete my Organization, but I get an error.
There may be a time when you wish to delete an Organization on your account because you have too many, or one is no longer in use.
You cannot delete an Organization with any purchases attached. This feature is only available for empty Organizations. Default Organizations also cannot be deleted, but a workaround is to rename them. See below for guidance.
To delete an empty Organization from your account:
- Sign in to your Unity ID at id.unity.com
- Click ‘Organizations’ to the left of the screen
- Click the Organization name you wish to delete
- Click ‘Delete Organization’ to the left side of the screen
- Confirm the deletion by clicking the 'Delete' button
If the deletion is successful, you’ll see a pop up like the one shown here:
ID accounts require an Organization to function correctly, therefore upon creating a new Unity ID, a ‘default’ Organization is automatically created using your username as the Organization name.
These default Organizations cannot be deleted. If attempted you will see an error message pop up:
However, a work-around is to rename your default Organization.
If the Organization does not belong to you, you can leave the Organization in the Organization’s settings.