Why do Unity need my tax information for Asset Store payouts?


  • I am an Asset Store Publisher
  • I have been asked to provide tax details in order to receive my payouts




Various government jurisdictions require that Unity collect this basic information, which includes the country where you reside, whether you are paid as an individual or as a company, and a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) – such as a Social Security Number (SSN) – Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).

We estimate filling in your tax interview will take you less than 10 minutes, but if you have any doubts, please contact your local tax authority for advice.


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.