Do Asset Store Publishers need to complete a US tax form?


  • I am an Asset Store Publisher
  • I am a resident of the US/ I am NOT a resident of the US


Under U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax rules, Unity is required to secure certain tax information from our U.S. and non-U.S. publishers to determine whether or not payment is subject to U.S. tax withholdings. The IRS has published tax forms that can be used to collect this tax information.


Yes, we require all Asset Store Publishers to fill out a US tax form.

More Information

Disclaimer: Information in this article does not constitute tax, legal, or other professional advice. To find out how this legislation will affect you or your business, or if you have other questions, please contact your tax, legal, or other professional advisor. Please keep in mind the IRS may update their forms and requirements at any time. While we do our best to keep this information up to date, the IRS may have made changes. The most current IRS form, information and instructions will supersede any information provided in this FAQ. All IRS forms and instructions are available online at

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


  • 0
    Annapurna Seelam

    I dont know where to ask for help, but i'm an f-1 student under stem opt who's living in the US since 2016, so do I like have to fill this? I have a payment to recieve from unity and i dont know if this obstructs my visa here

  • 0

    Hi Annapurna,

    I would suggest reaching out to us directly so we can take a look at your case. Could you please create a ticket via this form so we can take a look for you?

Please sign in to leave a comment.