- I am interested in using Unity Ads to monetize games and would like to familiarize myself with the terminology.
- I am a new user of Unity Ads and would like to better understand the terms I see in the Unity Ads dashboard.
You would like to better understand the terms used in Unity Ads and the dashboard.
Ad requests are generated during SDK initialization. Available corresponds to responses to the number of successful ad requests. There are a few things to be aware of:
- The content of these available responses is a list of up to 25 ads.
- As long as there is at least one ad available, the response is only counted as one available for each ad request regardless of the number of ads available.
- For performance reasons, the reported values for ad request and available are samplings and not actual values - every 23rd ad request and available is counted and multiplied by 23 to obtain its value. This is why you'll notice the values for ad request and available are multiples of 23.
- After initialization, another ad request is sent to refresh the list of available ads for every 10 started.
Fill rate is the available total divided by the number of ad requests.
Lastly, impressions relate to started while completions relate to views. The values for started and views are actual values - they are not sampled values like those for ad requests and available.