- I have not used Unity before and would like to know how to activate my license
- I would like to activate Personal, Plus, or Pro
- I have used Unity Personal, but would like to update the Editor to my new Plus or Pro license.
The fastest way to activate your license is online. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Unity Hub
- Log into your Unity ID via the account icon in the top right of the window.
- Once signed in, click the cog icon.
- Click ‘License Management’ to the left of the window.
- Click the blue ‘Activate New License’ button and input your new License key.
For more detailed guidance and screenshots please visit our documentation page here.
If you have used Unity Personal, or a different Pro/Plus license key, in the past you need to update your Editor to input your new license details.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- When inside the Editor, click the 'Unity' button if you’re on a Mac machine or 'Help' if you are on a Windows machine.
- Click 'Manage License'
This will redirect you to The Hub to follow the Online Activation process as outlined above.
If you are in a secure network environment, or receive an error whilst activating, it may be due to a connectivity problem.
Please try manually activating, carefully following the steps outlined in our documentation here.
If this does not work for you, please send the details along with screenshots of any errors received to Customer Service.