- I would like to know how to download an asset I have purchased
- I have not been sent a download link for my asset purchase
You may find that after purchasing an asset via the Asset Store that you have not received a download link or product key.
This can make it unclear on how you can download an asset you have just purchased.
The Unity Asset Store does not use download links. Assets can only be downloaded via the Unity Editor and you will need ensure that you are logged into the account that the asset was purchased on.
Please see the steps below on how to download Assets once successfully purchased:
- Open the Unity Engine and enter an existing Project (or create a new one).
- Click "Window" > "Asset Store".
- If required, log into your Unity account to access the Asset Store.
- Find the asset you want to download by searching for it in the search bar inside the Asset Store window at the top of the page. Alternatively, you can select your name in the top right hand menu and select 'My Orders' which will give you a list of your purchases.
- Select the pink 'Download' button on the asset to start the download.
Once you have downloaded your assets, they can be found in the following locations:
Windows - User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store
Mac - User>Library>Unity>Asset Store
If you are not able to reveal the 'download' or 'import' buttons upon pressing the 'buy' button, this means that your purchase has not gone through.