- I would like to know how to download an Asset I have purchased.
- I have not been sent a download link for my Asset purchase.
- How do I download an Asset using 2020.1 +?
- How do I download an Asset I have purchased within Unity?
As Unity does not ship Asset Store purchases using download links or product keys, you may be unclear about how to download your purchase or free Asset.
As of editor version 2020.1, Unity removed the Asset Store window from within the editor and you may be new to downloading your purchases using the Package Manager.
Editor versions 2020.1 and above:
- If you have already purchased your Asset/ added a free Asset to 'My Assets', launch a new or existing Project using the Unity Hub.
- Once your Project is open, click 'Package Manager'.
- Click the drop-down to select which packages you want to be shown.
- Click 'My Assets'.
- Click the name of the Asset you want to download from the left side list.
- Click 'download' in the bottom right corner of the window.
Once your Asset has been downloaded, you can import it into your Project, or find the .unitypackage at:
Windows - User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store-5.x
Mac - User>Library>Unity>Asset Store-5.x
Alternatively, browse the Asset Store using your internet browser and find the package you want to download.
- Click 'Open in Unity'.
- This will launch the Unity Hub.
- Create a new Project or launch an existing one.
- This will launch your Project and bring up the Package Manager.
- Close the error message if shown.
- Click 'Download' in the bottom right corner.
Editor versions 2019.4 and below:
The Unity Asset Store does not use download links. Assets can be downloaded via the Unity Editor only.
You will need ensure that you are logged into the Unity account that the Asset was purchased on.
Please see the steps below on how to download Assets once successfully purchased:
- Open the Unity Engine and launch an existing Project (or create a new one).
- Click "Window" > "Asset Store".
- Log into your Unity account to access the Asset Store, if required.
- Find the Asset you want to download by using the search bar inside the Asset Store window at the top of the page. Alternatively, you can select your name in the top right hand menu and select 'My Orders'. This will give you a list of your purchases.
- Click the pink 'Download' button on the Asset to start the download.
Once you have downloaded your Assets, they can be found in the following locations:
- Windows - User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store
- Mac - User>Library>Unity>Asset Store
If you are not able to reveal the 'download' or 'import' buttons upon pressing the 'buy' button, this means that your purchase has not gone through.