- I am a Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license user and would like to activate Unity
- I have reached a screen that asks for my serial number/ license key
- I don’t know what my serial number or license key is.
Serial Numbers, also known as License Keys, let the Unity Editor know what level of access to give each user. This is why it is required as part of the activation process. Personal Edition users do not need a serial number to activate - they have a different option to select during the activation process.
If your serial number is not found in your purchasing email, you can locate it through this process:
- After purchasing your Unity Subscription, assign yourself the license seat. If you are not the Owner or Manager of the Organization that owns the seat(s), you can ask the Owner to do this for you.
- After a seat has been assigned to your Unity ID email address, you will receive an email notification. The subject will be “You have been assigned a Unity seat in organization: [Organization name]”
- Your license key will be contained in the body of this email.
- If you do not receive the email with serial number, you can try to remove your seat and assign it again, or contact our Support Team.
If your license was purchased before 28th June 2016, please contact us from your purchasing email address. If you have your invoice number that will also help us to track down your license.