- I am a Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license user and would like to activate Unity
- I have reached a screen that asks for my serial number/ license key
Serial numbers let the Unity Editor know what level of access to give each user. This is why it is required as part of the activation process. Personal Edition users do not need a serial number to activate - they have a different option to select during the activation process.
If your serial number is not found in your purchasing email, you can locate it through this process:
- After purchasing your license, assign yourself a seat of the license. If you are not the Owner of Manager of the Organization that owns the seats, you can ask the Owner to do this for you.
- After a seat has been assigned to your Unity account email address, you will receive a seat assignment notification and you need to accept that to access the license.
- When you accept the seat assignment then you will receive an email with the serial number. (The email subject will be: Your license key to access your Unity seat.)
- If you do not receive the email with serial number, you can try to remove your seat and assign it again, or contact our Support Team.
If your license was purchased before 28th June 2016, please contact us from your purchasing email address. If you have your invoice number that will also help us to track down your license.
For more on how to activate, please see this article.