- I would like to give a new user access to my Unity Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license
- I am the Owner or Manager of my Unity Organization
- I have received the error: "Serial Is Not Assigned To You, Please Contact The Owner Of The Organization"
The ability to use a license is controlled by Seats. This is a new system as of June 28th 2016. Seats must be assigned to users by the Owner or Manager of their Unity Organization in order for them to activate Unity.
- First sign in to your Unity account on the main site. On the left hand side of the screen you will see the 'Organizations' Tab.
This will show the Organizations you own, or are a member of.
- Click the 'Manage/View' button on the right side of the Organization you wish to return an activation on. Please note you may only return an activation for a Organization if you are the Owner or Manager.
- On the next page, on the left side you will be able to select the option 'Seats & Services'
- On the following page, you will be able to see how many Seats are 'Available/Pending' in that specific Organization, then click the 'Manage Seats' button.
- On the next page, you will be able to assign seats to users, using their Unity account email addresses.
- Once you have found the member you are searching for, click their name and it will appear highlighted in green, then click 'Assign 1 Seat(s)'.
- Each user will then receive an email to accept the activation.
To make someone a Manager in your Organization, please see this article.
A user can bring a Pro Seat of the Editor with them when collaborating on a project for another Organization, but not the Services as they are tied to the purchasing Organization. That is to say, Services can only be used on projects owned by their purchasing Organization.