- I would like to give a new user access to my Unity Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license
- I am the Owner or Manager of my Unity Organization
- I have received the error: "Serial Is Not Assigned To You, Please Contact The Owner Of The Organization"
The ability to use a license is controlled by Seats. This is a new system as of June 28th 2016. Seats must be assigned to users by the Owner or Manager of their Unity Organization in order for them to activate Unity.
- First sign in to your Unity account on the main site. On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see the 'Organizations' Tab.
Once you click here, it will show the Organizations you own or are a member of.
- Click the cog icon to the right of the Organization which is linked to the license you would like to return the seats under. It should look like this.
- Then go into the subscription by clicking the cog icon next to the license.
- On the following page, you will be able to see how many Seats are 'Available/Pending' in that specific Organization, then click the 'Manage Seats' button.
- On the next page, you will be able to assign seats to users, using their Unity account email addresses. The user will need to be added to the organization invited by the owner to be eligible to be assigned a seat. If you would like to find out how to invite someone to your organization, please follow the instructions here
- Once you have found the member you are searching for, click their name and it will appear highlighted in green, then click 'Assign seat'.
- Each user will then receive an email to accept the activation.
To make someone a Manager in your Organization, please see this article.
A user can bring a Pro Seat of the Editor with them when collaborating on a project for another Organization, but not the Services as they are tied to the purchasing Organization. That is to say, Services can only be used on projects owned by their purchasing Organization.