- I would like to revoke seat of my license
- A member of my Organization has left and I would like to reclaim the license (seat) they were using
You need to be the Owner Manager of an Organization to manage seats.
You may wish to transfer the seat to a new user. This may be needed if, for example, a user leaves your Organization and you wish to give the seat to a different member of your Team, or a new Contractor.
For licenses that were purchased before 28th June 2016, please see this article.
To reassign the license to a new user, you can revoke the 'seat,' in your Organization. To do this, follow these steps:
- First sign in to your Unity account on the main site. On the left hand side of the screen you will see the 'Organizations' Tab.
This will show the Organizations you own, or are a member of.
- Click the 'Manage/View' button on the right side of the Organization you wish to return a seat on. Please note you may only return a seat for a Organization if you are the Owner or Manager.
- On the next page, on the left side you will be able to select the option 'Seats & Services'
- On the following page, you will be able to see how many Seats are 'Available/Pending' in that specific Organization, then click the 'Manage Seats' button.
- On the next page, you will be able to remove seats from Members of your Organization. You will need to search for the Member you wish to return the license for, then click the 'cross' marked with an 'X' to the right of their name.
Clicking the 'cross' will free the seat so it can be used for a other/new member of your Organization.
If you want to return activations on a license in use, please see this article.