- I have been over charged for my subscription.
- The invoice I have received lists VAT as part of my payment.
- The VAT number was set correctly before the bill date and I was not expecting this.
This happens when the account linked to the subscription payments is used to purchase from the Asset Store. If the VAT number is not entered correctly, it will trigger the subscription billing information to change too.
Unfortunately we cannot refund VAT on invoices. You will need to make sure that you have all the correct information entered each time you purchase from the Asset Store.
To make sure your VAT number is entered correctly via the online store, follow this process:
Licenses purchased after 28th June 2016, should follow this process for billing information updates:
- Log into your account: https://id.unity.com
- Click "Organizations on the left side of the screen.
- Select the organization used upon purchase of the subscription/license
- Click "Payment Methods" on the left side of the screen.
- Click the "Edit" button to edit the payment method.
If you are certain your VAT number is correct, but it is coming up as invalid, you can contact Support here.