- I have purchased an asset and received my PDF Unity invoice confirming my purchase.
- When I click ‘Open in Unity’ to trigger the download, it does not work.
This is usually a problem to do with connectivity, but rarely can also be due to a server error at our end.
Sometimes sites that will open perfectly within your browser are blocked from opening within Unity by proxies, firewalls, or anti-viral software.
Firstly, please try downloading the asset from within the Editor by following this process:
- Open Unity Engine.
- Click "Window" > "Asset Store".
- Log in
- Find Asset.
- Click the ‘buy’ button. If you have already purchased, there will be an option to download or import.
- Download Asset.
If this does not work for you, it could be a connectivity issue. Please test your connectivity by following these suggestions:
- If you have a firewall, or proxy running go into the settings and allow these ports: 80 and 443
- If you have an anti-viral software running, please temporarily disable it and see if that allows the asset to download
- If you have a weak, or intermittent Internet connection, assets will not be downloaded. Please be aware of this when purchasing assets.
If none of the above are true for your machine/ network, please contact us here in case there is a problem with the asset, or with our servers.
Once assets have been downloaded, they can also be found in the following directory:
Windows - User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store
Mac - User>Library>Unity>Asset Store