- I have just installed Windows 10 on my computer.
- I just updated my Operating System
- On opening Unity, I receive an error and it will not activate.
Unfortunately, sometimes our licenses are confused by a change in OS - essentially, it tricks the license file into thinking it is being activated on a new machine, which can cause problems if you have already maxed out your activations.
Please follow this process:
1) Uninstall Unity
2) Delete this file:
* Windows: C:ProgramData/Unity (If the files are hidden, you need to click View and tick the Hidden Items check box.)
* Mac: Library/Application Support/Unity
4) Download Unity again from our website
5) Reinstall, remembering to select ‘activate free version’ when prompted for Personal, or enter your serial number for Plus or Pro.