- I have purchased some assets that have since been updated
- I would like to know how to update my purchased assets
- I have updated my version of Unity and would like to update an asset I have purchased so it is compatible
Just as we release patches to update Unity itself, our Publishers also release updates for their assets. This might be for bug-fixing, or to increase compatibility with new versions. Either way, it may be beneficial to you to update your purchased assets.
If there is an update available for any of your purchased assets, you can update them by following this process:
- Open the Unity software
- Open the Asset Store Window (Window>Asset Store)
- Sign in (if prompted), then click the "My Assets" button:
4. If the package needs to be updated, there will be an 'Update' button. Selecting this will update the package to the latest version.
Tip: If you have a lot of packages, note that by default your packages will be sorted by purchase/redemption date. You also have a list of options shown below to search for specific packages in the form of a search bar, sort type or filters.
If you are a Publisher and wish to submit an update for one of your assets, please see the guidance for this here.