- I would like to use an asset from the Asset Store in my project
- I do not wish to open Unity Editor to download
- I would like to use the asset in a different game engine.
Some users may not yet have Unity installed in their machines and want to get into the asset quickly. Some may wish to use the particular asset within another game engine.
The short answer is that Unity is required to download Unity assets.
Luckily, Unity is pretty quick and easy to install. Please see the guidance documentation here.
Once you have got Unity up and running, you can download the asset you have purchased by following this process:
- Open the Unity Engine and enter an existing Project (or create a new one).
- Click "Window" > "Asset Store".
- If required, log into your Unity account to access the Asset Store.
- Find the asset you want to download by searching for it in the search bar inside the Asset Store window at the top of the page. Alternatively, you can select your name in the top right hand menu and select 'My Orders' which will give you a list of your purchases.
- Select the pink 'Download' button on the asset to start the download.
Once you have downloaded your assets, they can be found in the following locations:
Windows - User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store
Mac - User>Library>Unity>Asset Store
From these locations, you can drag and drop them into other projects, or even other engines if you wish to. Regretfully, we would not be able to provide assistance on how to get assets working in other engines.