- I would like to use an asset from the Unity Asset Store in my project
- I do not wish to open the Unity Editor to download an asset
- I would like to use an asset in a different game engine
Some users may not have the Unity Editor installed on their machines, but want to download an asset. Some may wish to use a particular asset within another game engine.
The Unity Editor is required to download assets from the Unity Asset Store.
Unity is quick and easy to install. Please see documentation on how to install the Unity Editor here.
Once Unity is installed, you can download assets by following this process:
- Open the Unity Editor
- Click on an existing Project (or create a new one)
- Click "Window" > "Asset Store"
- If required, log into your Unity account
- Search for the asset, using the search bar, at the top of the page
- Alternatively, click your name in the Asset store window and select 'My Orders'. This will give you a list of your purchases
- Select the 'Download' button on the asset to begin the download
Once you have downloaded your assets, they can be found in the following locations:
Windows - User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store
Mac - User>Library>Unity>Asset Store
From these locations, you can drag and drop assets into other projects, or engines. Regretfully, we cannot provide assistance on how to get assets working in other engines.