- I would like to use an asset from the Asset Store in my project
- I do not wish to open Unity Editor to download
- I would like to use the asset in a different game engine.
Some users may not yet have Unity installed in their machines and want to get into the asset quickly. Some may wish to use the particular asset within another game engine.
The short answer is that Unity is required to download Unity assets.
Luckily, Unity is pretty quick and easy to install. Please see the guidance documentation here.
Once you have got Unity up and running, you can download the asset you have purchased by following this process:
- Open Unity Engine.
- Click "Window" > "Asset Store".
- Log in to your Unity account
- Find Asset.
- Download Asset.
Once you have downloaded your assets, they can be found in the following locations:
Windows - User>AppData>Roaming>Unity> Asset Store
Mac - User>Library>Unity>Asset Store
From these locations, you can drag and drop them into other projects, or even other engines if you wish to.