- I have accidentally purchased the wrong package on the Asset Store.
- I have purchased an Asset that does not work as described on the Asset Store description page.
- I have a duplicate purchase.
As specified in the Asset Store EULA, which all Asset Store customers have agreed to, all sales are final. This is due to the physical impossibility of returning digital products.
You may, however, wish to contact the Publisher of the Asset to request a refund.
Here some of the circumstances in which a refund for your purchase is possible.
- The Asset was not as advertised, including any demo made available.
- The Asset was not compatible with the most recent official release version of Unity available at the time of purchase, and this information was not provided in the Asset description.
- The Asset includes unauthorized intellectual property and the Asset is removed from the Unity Asset Store within 4 weeks of purchase.
- Duplicate purchases may be caused by server errors or a blip in connectivity locally. These can be refunded by us directly, although other types of refund request must go directly through the Publisher of the Asset.
If you have made a duplicate purchase, please contact support, so that we can process your refund.
For all other refund requests, as the majority of Assets available on the Asset Store are not owned by Unity, simply hosted by us, we are unable to authorize a refund without first seeking authorization from the Asset Publisher. You will need to contact the Publisher of the Asset directly. They will contact us to confirm authorization. We then process the request.
It is entirely at the Publisher's discretion to provide a refund if the reasons do not come under the set criteria stated in the Asset Store EULA.
If the Publisher does not respond to you within 2 weeks or declines the refund and you disagree with their decision, contact support.