- I have spelt my username incorrectly
- I wish to change my username on the Forums/ on my account
It could be that you have just created an account and realised that your username choice was wrong. Or perhaps, your name or company name has changed meaning that you need to alter it.
Users can amend their usernames themselves, providing that the username has not already been taken by another Unity user.
To change your username, please follow the process below.
- Head over to your Account Settings.
- Select the pencil icon on the right-hand side of the Username section.
- Enter the username you would like and press 'Save'. You will be asked for an alternative username if the one you have entered is already taken.
Your username should then be instantly changed. If the change does not show immediately on the Community sites (Forums, Answers etc), try signing out and back in to encourage the accounts to sync. If it has been 24 hours and your username on our Forums or Answers pages has not been changed, please contact us.