- I made a standalone player build but when trying to run it an error is thrown:
Error: could not preload global game manager #0
Unity could not load the globalgamemanagers.asset file from the YourGame_Data folder because it is corrupted.
This can happen for multiple reasons:
- If you are submitting the exported files to an FTP server, it’s important to know that sometimes FTP servers make changes to the files if you upload them as ASCII file transfer type, which will transfer the files as regular text files.
- You have a corrupted installation of Unity Editor and have created a build with it.
- You are running out of disk space.
There are a number of possible solutions for this problem:
- If you are downloading the files from an FTP server, make sure the binary files don’t get transferred as text files - force binary transfer type in your FTP transfer software when submitting a Unity exported build.
- If the above doesn’t work, try reinstalling Unity and then exporting the application again.
- Make sure you are not running out of disk space.
See full documentation on troubleshooting the Editor for more information.